Wednesday 10 July 2013

The 5 languages of love quiz

| |


The 60 second quiz

Take out a piece of paper and a pen

For each pair of following statements, write your answers on your paper the one that fits you best within your relationship. If you are not currently in a relationship, try to imagine how you would like to be treated if you were. Or think about how you like to be treated by family members and close friends.Ready? Lets go!

1.
I like to receive encouraging or affirming notes A
I like to be hugged E

2.
 I like to spend one-to-one time with close friends B
I feel loved when someone gives me practical help D

3.
 I like it when people give me gifts C
I like leisurely visits with friends and loved ones B

4.
I feel loved when people do things to help me D
I feel loved when people give me a reassuring hand shake or hug E

5.
I feel loved when someone I love or admire puts their arm around me E
I feel loved when I receive a gift from someone I admire or love C

6.
I like to go places with friends or loved ones B
I like to high-five or slap around with friends who are special to me E

7.
Visible symbols of love (such as gifts) are important to me C
I feel loved when people affirm me A

8.
I like to sit close to people I enjoy being around E
I like it when people tell me I’m attractive/handsome A

9.
 I like to spend time with friends and loved ones B
I like to receive little gifts from friends and loved ones C

10. Words of acceptance are important to me A
I know someone loves me when he or she helps me D

11. I like being together and doing things with friends & loved ones B
I like it when kind words are spoken to me A

12. What someone does affects me far more than what they say D
Hugs make me feel connected and valued E

13. I value praise and try to avoid criticism A
Several small gifts mean more to me than one large gift C

14. I feel close to someone when we are talking or doing something together B
I feel closer to friends & loved ones when we wrestle, hug or shake hands E

15. I like for people to complement my achievements A
I know people love me when they do things for me they don‟t enjoy doing D

16. I like for people to cross the street to shake hands or hug when they see me E
I like when people listen to me & show genuine interest in what I‟m saying B

17. I feel loved when friends and loved ones help me with jobs or projects D
I really enjoy receiving gifts from friends and loved ones C

18. I like for people to complement my appearance A
I feel loved when people take time to understand my feelings B

19. I feel secure when a special person is physically close to me E
Acts of service make me feel loved D

20. I appreciate the many things that special people do for me D
I like to receive gifts that special people make for me C

21. I really enjoy the feeling I get when someone gives me undivided attention B
I really enjoy the feeling I get when someone does some act to serve me D

22. I feel loved when a person celebrates my birthday with a gift C
I feel loved when a person celebrates my birthday with meaningful words A

23. I know a person is thinking of me when they give me a gift C
I feel loved when a person helps me with my chores or tasks D

24. I appreciate it when someone listens patiently and doesn’t interrupt me B
I appreciate it when someone remembers special days with a gift C

25. I like knowing loved ones are concern enough to help with my daily tasks D
I enjoy extended trips with someone who is special to me B

26. I don’t mind the “kiss-hello‟ with friends I am close to E
Receiving a gift given for no special reason excites me C

27. I like to be told that I am appreciated A
I like for a person to look at me when they are talking B

28. Gifts from a friend or loved one are always special to me C
I feel good when a friend or loved one hugs or touches me E

29. I feel loved when a person enthusiastically does some task I have requested D
I feel loved when I am told how much I am appreciated A

30. I need physical contact with people everyday E
I need words of encouragement and affirmation everyday A

Now go through your quiz again and count how many “A, B, C,  D and Es” you wrote and place the number in below.

TOTALS:
A: ________ B: ________ C: ________ D: ________ E: ________
Which letter has your highest score? That is your primary love
language:
• A = Words of Affirmation
• B = Quality Time
• C = Receiving Gifts
• D = Acts of Service
• E = Physical Touch

The five love languages

Words of Affirmation
One of your deepest needs is the need to feel appreciated. Verbal compliments, words of appreciation,
encouragement, kind and humble words are all ways to show love to you.

Quality Time
You enjoy doing things TOGETHER! We aren’t talking about just sitting in front of the T.V. together but
really giving each other undivided attention. This means looking at each other, talking to each other,
sharing your life with your partner.

Receiving Gifts
You are happy to receive things from your loved ones. They don’t have to be expensive. The gift is a
symbol of “s/he cares about me” and “s/he thinks of me”.

Acts of Service
For you, actions speak louder than words! You prefer your partner to do things for you such as cooking a
meal, giving a massage, cleaning the room… You like your partner to initiate the acts of service and put
efforts into doing them to show that s/he cares.

Physical Touch
You love to receive a hug, a kiss, squeezes on the shoulder, a pat on the back, a touch of the face, and an
arm around the waist... Touches can be 10 times as powerful and comforting as any words!


Post a Comment